Tuesday, September 14, 2010

New York Days

Day 1

I reached JFK Airport Terminal 4 on time 2.30pm, 8th Sept. The immigration queue was too long and queued for almost close to 2 hours then my turn. Alright, everything went smooth and got my luggage from the belts. that's about 4.30pm, cant imagine lots of ppl coming from anywhere of the world to New York. There are 7 terminals all together if i'm correct. Okay then I proceeded to somewhere for declaration of them items in my luggages. Smooth and went to look for Ground Transportation, GO AIRLINK. I have booked this shuttle in advanced before I came, and the pick up supposely at 3.05pm. Found them and they resheduled my pick up to be 5pm. After waited a while, the shuttle came... quite comfortable with huge space seat. Then, went around the terminals to pick up others 7 passengers. Here I reached 1600 Broadway at around 6.30pm... I was so exhausted and going to faint. Taken a hot shower to ease my jetlag...

Around 7pm, finally my Hubby was home from work. Happy to see his smiling face! and good enough he ordered food delivery to our studio. I enjoyed the dinner much although I ate little and lastly I had a rested sleep...

Day 2

Woke up at 3am suddenly and disturbed my hubby to wake up and chit chat with me. There were so much things to catch up and we chit chat till 4am... continued our Zzzzzz! I was too excited to explore NYC, guessed that was why I woke up suddenly. Can't really slept well; the neons, huge big TV lights, flashing lights, big Ad and etc made our studios so brightly feel even switched off all the lights. The studio apartment was big enough and I love the beds! kitchen cabinets! huge bath tub! and the unforgettable clothes dryers! It was so convenient to use which made me washing my clothes one or twice a day...

Nothing much I had done. Woke up too early and I took my nap in the evening till 5pm. In between, I ate breakie and plan where to explore during the weekends :) Dinner and then we strolled around the Times Square, Broadway, H&M, Macy...

Day 3

Same thing, guessed I needed recovery so much from my jetlag. Most of the time I had my afternoon nap till 5.30pm. Haha... still piggy! At night, we walked to K-Town = Korean Town! the street was full with Korean shops, restaurants, karaoke and of course Koreans! we had our dinner in one of the typical Korean restaurant which recommended by ppl. Errrmm... not so suit us as the food are rawwww! and if cooked, there's alot intestinal organs...yucks!

Macy's! The world largest departmental store... my hubby did some shopping at Tommy Hilfiger! but not for me as it almost closed... It's alright, I will definately come back during my weekdays...

Day 4

Explore City Day! It was 11 Sept too. We took the subway to somewhere called Prince Street where SOHO located at. Too early, no shops were open at all. Even so hard to find a cafe/deli to have breakfast... Got a yellow cab and headed down to Canal St. Chinatown. The driver dropped us in front of a restaurant. Okay not bad, it served Dim Sum...! Cheap enuf also. Prices vary from $2, $2.50, $3, $3.50 and so on. Only 50 cents difference for each category.

Took the subway again.. and this time round, we planned to drop by Ground Zero to see "Moment of Silence". Quite rush to all destinations in Lower Mahattan. I'll definately go back again to Trinity Church, NYSE, Ground Zero on one of the weekends. I wanted to take more photoes!

It was a very sunny day. so tired to walk around and explore. After lunch, we went back to SOHO then dropped by Brooklyn Bridge. I was getting low bat after Brooklyn Bridge and so we headed home.

Day 5

Visited Flatiron Building, Museum of Sex, Metropolitan Insurance Building, Madison Square Park, Bryant Park and half of New York National Library..it was raining. Found shelter at H&M, and we did shopping again! Rain still after shopping, we headed to one of the cafe to sip some hot chocolates and big cupcakes!

That's all for the first week! Pictures uploaded in FB :))

More great days ahead.. The Lion King Musical Show, Niagara Falls, Statue of Liberty, Empire State, and many more to come!!!

No comments: